Finding gluten free or vegan treats can be far from easy, so here's a Chocolate Orange Raw Energy bar recipe of mine that I wanted to share with you!
The great news is all you'll need to make them is a blender as they are made completely from scratch using raw ingredients. Which also makes them easy to make! If you are a fan of chocolate and orange combination, then you'll love these.
150g Dates (pitted and chopped)
40 g Raisins
140g Cashew Nuts
30g Ground Almonds
50g Cacao Powder
A Pinch Of Sea Salt
1/2 to 3/4 tsp Orange Zest
3 to 4 Tbsp Orange Juice (
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1. Firstly, put the dates & cashews into the blender and process them until you have a coarse texture.
2. Then add the raisins, a pinch of salt and the orange zest to the blender. This time blend until you have a fine texture.
3. Transfer the ingredients from the blender into a mixing bowl, adding the cacao powder, ground almonds and vanilla essence.
4. Now for the messy part! Using your hands mix all the ingredients together, adding the orange juice tablespoons at a time. This will help to combine the ingredients together. Keep mixing with your hands until you have a dough-like consistency.
5. Place the cling film over the baking dish to line it- making the mixture easier to get out afterwards. Place the mixture on top on the cling film. Again, using your hands, press the mixture evenly into the dish. Once all in, i'd recommend using a spatular to make the top nice and flat.
6. Wrap the edges of the cling film over the top of the mixture for about 3-4 hours in the fridge to let it set before serving.
7. When the mixture is ready it should be easy to come out the disk and be quite hard. Using a sharp knife cut the block of mixture into even squares.
The great thing about these is you can put them each individually into cling film and they will last for up to a week in the fridge so you don't need to indulge all at once!